Who We Are
United Way of Medina County brings people together from our neighborhoods, government, businesses, faith groups, nonprofits, and schools to tackle important issues in Medina County. We are part of a network of more than 1,800 local organizations across the United States and 40 countries around the world working hard to improve lives and strengthen communities for the benefit of us all.
Our goal is to create long-lasting change in Medina County communities by addressing the underlying causes of problems. We focus our efforts on education, income, and health, and collaborate to provide the best programs addressing these three essential building blocks of a good life. But funding these programs is not enough. We also measure outcomes to ensure accountability and results, and stay abreast of emerging issues using high-quality data to identify and prioritize needs. By collaborating with more partners; combining fundraising, data collection, and outcome measurement; and focusing on education, income, and health, United Way of Medina County is driving lasting community change.
United Way of Medina County envisions a community that fosters hope and opportunity for everyone....
- Where all children receive a quality education that offers a pathway to economic mobility and a bright tomorrow.
- Where the cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends and productive livelihoods begin for the disadvantaged among us.
- Where everyone receives effective health care that improves our quality of life.
- Where all stakeholders come together to set measurable goals and achieve them.
Our Mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities to advance the common good.
To do this, we will:
- Urge our community to action by giving, advocating, and volunteering to improve the conditions for the benefit of us all.
- Galvanize and connect individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and local government to create long-term solutions for meeting needs that produce healthy, well-educated, and financially stable individuals and families.
- Raise, invest, and leverage funds annually in philanthropic contributions to support innovative programs that create lasting change.
- Hold ourselves accountable through our commitment to measure improvement in education, income, and health.